Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Razo Family

Every person and family that I taught and baptized on my mission holds a special place in my heart. The experiences that I had with the Razo family were singular indeed.

This family consisted of Luz Maria (32), Amaranta (12), Joselyn(11), and a son whose name I can't recall (he never sat in on the lessons nor was baptized). We found them through Luz's brother who was a member in one of our wards.

They accepted the gospel well, but often had doubts. The lesson that I remember above all others is when we were teaching about family. I don't remember her concern nor do I remember what I said to solve it. What I do remember is that she a had a very real concern and it was impeding her from being baptized. I remember that I didn't know what to say in response to the concern. I had learned in the MTC that when this type of thing happened I should just open my mouth and start talking. That is exactly what I did and the Lord talked through me. The spirit of the Lord completely took over for me and said exactly what Luz and her family needed to hear. It wasn't as though the spirit was helping me to remember something that I had already learned or studied (I had had many of those experiences before), the spirit literally took over and answered her concern.

This experience was a testimony to me that the Lord is aware of all of His chilren and He cares sincerely for them. Luz was satisfied with the response and she and her two girls were baptized shortly afterward.

After - I heard that shortly after I left the area they stoppjed going to church. When I returned with my parents they were nowhere to be found.

No comments: