Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Lara Family

The Lara family included Oscar (35), Adriana (34), Oscar Jr. (15), and Adriana Jr. (9). They were a referral from a family in the ward. The dad had just lost his job and they were looking for God in their lives. They accepted everything pretty quickly and they were baptized in a very short amount of time.

One time I remember Oscar Sr. telling me that one of the reasons he wanted to be baptized was so that he would have more success in his business. We tried to help him understand that the Lord will help him, but that he should be baptized for the right reasons.

The mom, dad, and daughter were all baptized on June 26, 2005. They were active in the church up until the time that I left the area.

After - Oscar Jr. was baptized shortly after I left the area on September 4, 2005. I heard from someone in the area that they went inactive not too long after their baptism. They weren't home when I returned with my parents to the area.

No comments: